Ung Svensk Form is an annual juried award and travelling exhibition that aims to increase and disseminate knowledge about young and innovative Swedish design. It focuses on the need to be able to create and explore freely, without any requirement to adapt the results to the market. Interdisciplinary work is encouraged. Scholarships are awarded to selected designers who have performed particularly well. Ung Svensk Form plays an important role as a forum for the emergence of encounters between designers, manufacturers and the public.
The project began in 1998 at the initiative of Svensk Form (The Swedish Society of Crafts and Design) and Form/Design Center in Malmö, and celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2018. Many participants from previous years are now well established in their respective fields.
“This year’s edition of Ung Svensk Form takes us on a thought-provoking and richly experiential journey into the borderland between utopia and dystopia. This may be the most conceptual edition of Ung Svensk Form since the project began in Malmö in 1998. It is clear that there is a strong need to comment on the uncertain contours of both the present and the future, whether that involves furniture design, visual communication or speculative design.”
/Mats Widbom, Managing Director, Svensk Form
Read the catalog online here>>.
All selected participants in Ung Svensk Form 2020
- Camilla Arnbert – Surfaced Print
- Karin Andersson & Johanna Bratel – Vänskapstorget
- Elias Båth – Död Mark
- Mattis Dallmann – WITH / OUT
- Evelina Dovsten – Every sampling is a testimony
- Emilia Elfvik – Pushing Embroidery
- Jesper Eriksson – Coal: Post-Fuel // A New Social Relation
- Sofia Eriksson – Bodybuilding Mirrors
- Sara-Lovise Ask Ewertson – Puffer-jacket-soft-squad, pure sculpture!
- Leo Fidjeland & Linnea Våglund – Pink Chicken Project
- Erika Geiger Ohlin – Uncanny Traces
- Gustaf Helsing – Ängsliga Mattor
- Coby Huang – R.O.S.P – Ritual of Sexual Pleasure
- AnnaMia Lindblom – Jag kom, jag såg, jag sydde
- Lisa Lindh & Klara W. Hedengren – KOLONN
- Nils Lilja & Marcelo Rovira Torres – No Composition
- Julia Olanders – Mellanting
- Erik Olsson – BOJSKAUT
- Mattias Pettersson – Alien Worrior Princess
- Tilda Ragnartz – Hot Movie New Popular Fullhd
- Kajsa Samuelsson – Beginning Middle And
- Kitty Schumacher – DESIRE_LINES
- Matilda Ellow – SELF TITLED
- Mattias Selldén – Mix Sushi
- Oscar Wall – Ryafåtölj
Read a PDF over the participants here>>. (Design: Studio Reko)
Find press images for all contributions here>>.
Ung Svensk Form 2020 – The jury
- Samir Alj Fält
- Parasto Backman
- Caroline B. Le Bongoat
- Johan Deurell
- Linnéa Therese Dimitriou
- Salka Hallström
- Tom Hedqvist
- Åsa Jungnelius
- Henrik Johansson
- Nike Karlsson
- Petra Lilja
- Tor Lindstrand
- Bea Szenfeld
- Mats Widbom
Ung Svensk Form 2020 is a co-production between Svensk Form and The Swedish Centre for Architecture and Design (ArkDes) with support from IKEA and the City of Malmö.